About the Firm
Milligan & Company solves the most complex financial, accounting, operational, and management challenges for small and medium businesses, public corporations, not-for-profit organizations, government entities, and individuals. Our commitment to excellence and the dedication and skill of our staff have all contributed to making us a leader in our profession.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Milligan is one of the largest minority-owned CPA firms in the United States serving clients throughout the nation. We are a culturally diverse organization that is committed to providing outstanding service to our clients while also being supportive of our staff and giving back to our community. Our employees are our most valued asset. At the Firm, we strive to ensure that professional growth is balanced with a commitment to a family-centric work environment and encouragement to give back to the communities in which we live and work.
We offer very competitive salaries. In addition, employees of the Firm enjoy flexible work schedules and a full benefits package including a 401k retirement plan with 50% employer match up to 6% of salary, short-term and long-term disability, medical, dental and life insurance plans, along with the ability to contribute pre-tax monies for dependent, transportation, and health care costs (HSA or FSA) and paid company holidays, vacation and sick/personal time. Additionally, we have non-traditional busy season hours and value the importance of work-life balance. To support our team’s professional development, we offer company-paid CPA licensure, related professional association and membership dues, and continuing professional education (CPE credits, including customization to your professional interest.)
We are currently looking for Senior Accountants for our Audit & Assurance department. The Senior Accountant(s) will manage a variety of audit and other assignments as designated by the Audit Manager. The Senior Accountant will be an essential member of the team, primarily supporting our not-for-profit and government clients. This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and dedicated team players, with a passion for client service, who are looking for opportunities for career advancement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assist with planning and guiding audit engagements.
- Prepare financial statements, reports and other required compliance information.
- Identify problem areas in the engagement that need to be discussed with the supervisor/manager.
- Complete tasks assigned by supervisor/manager with minimal oversight, a high level of accuracy, and efficiency, while still meeting deadlines.
- Provide direction and training to subordinate staff assigned to engagement.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accept increasing responsibility for engagements, business correspondence, and some research of accounting principles.
- Ability to travel to client’s premises to complete assignments.
- Develop, strengthen, and maintain effective client relationships through professionalism, responsiveness and our service-oriented approach.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Remain current on all professional pronouncements, such as FASB, GASB, SAS, GAAS, and GAS.
- Follow regulations and professional ethics of the AICPA, the state, society, and applicable state boards of accountancy.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (advanced degree is a plus) with a minimum of 3.0 in the major.
- 2-5+ years of public accounting experience (CPA license a plus)
- CPA licensure or Active Candidate for the exam
- Government and not-for-profit auditing experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written format
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment (Ability to work as team player across all firm functional departments/environments.)
- Possess an entrepreneurial “go getter” attitude
- Willingness to represent the firm and promote its image by attending local, professional and business organization functions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel