Milligan & Company LLC, a regional Consulting and CPA firm headquartered in Philadelphia PA, is seeking a Proposal Writer. This position will be based in our Philadelphia office and will support new business generation for the Firm by monitoring proposal aggregators to identify RFPs that the Firm should respond to and will manage the proposal preparation, submission and monitoring process.
- Monitor relevant industry proposal aggregators and present recommendations to Firm Senior Leadership on RFP’s to respond to.
- Review GSA Schedule; create and implement action plan to increase Milligan’s opportunity to be selected to bid for RFPs issued through this process.
- For each leadership approved RFP:
- Create proposal skeleton — input standard Firm information, staff resumes that are applicable and any other supporting exhibits that are relevant
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather and integrate appropriate subject matter into proposals such as technical approach, work project plans, price/cost estimates, additional employee resumes/resume updates, etc.
- Develop project plan/schedule for each section of the RFP and identify/engage internal subject matter expert
- Distribute and socialize RFP project plan/schedule
- Track proposal success metrics during regularly scheduled project review meetings
- Manage proposal completion timeline to ensure that milestones are met and final proposals are delivered on time and present the Firm appropriately.
- Follow up with potential clients to ensure receipt of proposals; track and record proposal decisions and provide updates to Senior Leadership of the Firm.
- Request and receive debriefing on unsuccessful proposals to enhance our understanding and improve our future proposals.
- Develop and maintain a repository of firm resumes and project descriptions, and ensure the most current information is available for proposals and other Firm efforts
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, meeting stringent project deadlines
- Strong problem-solving, project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Robust attention to detail and accountability to drive and deliver exceptional results
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or related discipline; proposal writing certification desired.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of proposal writing experience including 3+ years of experience writing government proposals. Consulting environment experience with a focus on government and or the transportation industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with the GSA Schedule and creating these types of proposals is greatly desired.
- Excellent project/time management skills, attention to detail, technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successful business development attributed directly to proposal submission.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and handle competing priorities with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and partner with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint and exceptional internet research/data mining skills.
Milligan & Company, LCC, Consultants and Certified Public Accountants is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the selection of the best qualified individuals for the job regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual preference, disability or any other status protected by law. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package including (but not limited to) a 401k with a generous company match and free onsite gym at our headquarters in Philadelphia PA.