Grant Compliance Analyst
Milligan & Company LLC, a regional Consulting and CPA firm headquartered in Philadelphia PA, is seeking a Grant Compliance Analyst for their State and Federal government consulting division. This position will be based in our Philadelphia office and is responsible for working with government agencies and private sector entities on oversight of grant-funded capital projects. The primary focus of this role will be data auditing and creation of detailed finding(s) reports on multiple projects to ensure proper oversight of monies awarded through State and Federal grant programs.
- Evaluate compliance of grant-funded capital and economic development projects and prepare detailed reports of project status and compliance.
- Analyze project progress, financing, and cash flow for each project; address financial and compliance issues timely; and escalate to senior leadership and client as appropriate.
- Apply problem solving and analytic skills and translate them into recommendations for our client(s).
- Build and nurture collaborative relationships with a variety of government agencies and private sector entities, both internally and externally.
- Meet with grantees and visit project sites periodically, when permitted.
- Project Management: Ability to budget, coordinate, and manage various deliverables/tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to drive effectively and efficiently towards project completion/deadlines.
- Data Manipulation & Synthesis: Ability to rapidly analyze, manipulate, simplify, and consolidate large amounts of data gathered from the grantees’ documents.
- Business Knowledge & Acumen: Ability to understand and apply Federal, State, and Municipal government regulations to make valid, well documented, substantiated conclusions and recommendations.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues. Systematically organizes and compares the various aspects of a problem or situation and determines cause-and-effect relationships and able to define and summarize actionable recommendations.
- Customer Focused: Ensures clear understanding of client needs at the beginning of engagements and proactively partners to maintain and grow positive working relationships.
- Leadership: Ability and desire to influence others to accomplish an objective and directs the organization in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent at the project and/or employee level. Proactively identifies problems and proposes solutions to gain efficiency while building relationships.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to understand the audience needs across all forms of communication (phone, in-person, email, and documents) and to convey the information concisely and in an engaging manner.
- Integrity: Builds trust with team members, clients, and potential clients quickly through audience appropriate communication and transparency.
- Detail Oriented: Thorough and thoughtful approach to understanding engagements and delivering quality materials.
- Self-motivated: To initiate independent and collaborative work assignment(s); raises hand when has availability proactively.
- Accountability: Strong commitment to ensure quality and timely deliverables; self-starter
- Communication skills (Oral & Written): Conveys information in a way that is audience appropriate; expresses thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing; listens, understands, and incorporates the views of others; presents in a concise and effective manner to any level of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, City Planning, Public Administration, Construction Management, or related field is required; additional coursework in accounting, financial planning/principals desired.
- At least three years of full-time work experience including grant compliance and capital project planning, financing, and budgeting is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the PA Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) a plus.
- Ability to critically read/audit large amounts of information, summarize it and make clear and concise recommendations for action.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, meeting stringent project deadlines.
- Approximately 10% travel is required within Philadelphia and other parts of Pennsylvania (day trips that will require a driver’s license and access to a car).
Milligan & Company, LCC, Consultants and Certified Public Accountants is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the selection of the best qualified individuals for the job regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual preference, disability or any other status protected by law. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package including (but not limited to) a 401k with a generous company match and free onsite gym at our headquarters in Philadelphia PA.